Join Our Team
PROJECT ENGINEER CO-OP
We're currently seeking a Project Engineer Co-Op to join our fast-growing, digitally printed labels and packaging company.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer Co-op to join our team. The position will report to the Director of Business Improvement and will be responsible for driving improvement projects across the manufacturing process to ensure safe and optimal performance of our entire print and finishing processes.
- Focus on process improvements and initiatives to reduce waste.
- Identify, recommend and execute improvements relating to operational processes, and ensure capability of the new processes to drive efficiency.
- Provide technical advice and recommend print production process to achieve quality and production goals of the organization.
- Successfully plan and execute trials to validate new processes in partnership with other production teams.
- Manage vendors to project expectations and desired outcomes.
- Effectively communicate plans for improvement to operations and leadership teams.
- Serve as an example of what ILS values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- Assigned other projects as needed to support the business needs.
- BS degree in Engineering or Science-related discipline.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; digital print preferred.
COMPETENCIES & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Results oriented.
- Detail oriented and ability to apply critical thinking/ analysis.