Join Our Team
PRE-PRESS GRAPHIC SPECIALIST
We're currently seeking a full-time, Pre-Press Graphic Specialist to join our fast-growing, digitally printed labels and packaging company.
We are currently seeking a full-time, Pre Press Graphic Specialist to join our fast-growing, digitally printed label and packaging company in Hamilton, OH. The position will report directly to the Art Department Manager.
The Pre-Press Graphic Specialist will be responsible for receiving and reviewing customer-supplied artwork files, and preparing a print ready PDF to be sent to our portfolio of HP Indigo digital presses.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, forward-thinking, willing to challenge the status quo, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Pre-flight new artwork to ensure all specs are met for each job type (both digital and flexographic printing).
- Set up customer supplied artwork in line with department procedures and expectations including die line and white layer creation, text editing, and color matching.
- Has overall responsibility for the quality and accuracy of finalized art files submitted to production.
- Communicate with customers regarding artwork modifications and color management.
- Train clients and designers on how to supply artwork correctly for printing.
- Work closely with the CSR and other departments to facilitate orders through the workflow.
- Collaborate with front office and production to improve daily process efficiencies.
- Communicate with press operators on matters involving quality or color approvals.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in department meetings, training, and continuous improvement events.
- Serve as an example of what our company values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- Familiarity with Esko and HP SmartStream DFE and HP Indigo Digital Presses preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective at managing time while being detail-oriented.
- At least 3 years of experience in pre-press in the printing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Esko software products preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- This job operates in an open office environment shared by employees in other departments. Must be able to maintain focus and stay productive with background noise.