Join Our Team
SENIOR QUALITY PROJECT ENGINEER
We're currently seeking a Senior Quality Project Engineer to join our fast-growing, digitally printed labels and packaging company.
Our team works with cutting-edge, digital print technology to produce high quality, labels and packaging for companies across a range of industries including craft beer, wines & spirits, food, household products and more.
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Quality Project Engineer, ideally with print industry experience, to join our growing team at our Hamilton, OH location. The position will report to the Director of Business Improvement and will be responsible for leading the QC/QA activities of the organization, while also providing support and driving quality focused improvements to ensure safe and optimal performance of our entire print and finishing processes.
- Serve as the internal and external face of Quality for the organization.
- Develop, grow, and maintain ILS’s internal Quality System.
- Focus on improvement projects and initiatives to improve product and process quality.
- Prepares and maintains accurate metrics, data, and analysis to support findings. Effectively communicate findings to all areas of the organization to drive improvement activities.
- Performs audits on manufacturing products and processes to assess compliance with company procedures.
- Provide technical advice and recommend print production process to achieve quality and production goals of the organization.
- Effectively communicate plans for improvement, and requirements for new quality opportunities to operations and leadership teams
- Assist with performing visual, dimensional, and functional inspections of raw material, as well as in-process and finished product audits based on documented specifications as needed.
- Utilizes basic statistical process control to monitor and improve processes and identify and correct deficiencies in processes.
- Interact with customers/suppliers regarding product conformance and problem resolution.
- Provide both written and verbal training to all levels of the organization.
- Create, develop, maintain, and promote use of internal Standard Work Instructions (SWI).
- Drives understanding and improvement of measurement systems through activities such as gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies (Gauge R&R) and measurement system analyses (MSA).
- Serve as an example of what ILS values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 2-5 years print industry experience focused in manufacturing environment; digital print preferred.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Science-related Discipline; Or equivalent years of experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt preferred
COMPETENCIES & ABILITIES:
- Process focused.
- Data Driven and Results oriented.
- Proactive, collaborative team player who can work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision.
- Possess strong organization skills and detail oriented with ability to apply objective critical thinking / analysis.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to converse well with other employees, management, customers, and suppliers.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to write concise reports.
- Utilizes knowledge of Quality System requirements and databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.