Join Our Team
FLEXO PRESS OPERATOR
We're currently seeking an experienced Flexographic Press Operator for 2nd shift with our fast-growing digitally printed labels and packaging company.
The position will report directly to the Production Supervisor, and will be responsible for safely setting up and running flexographic printing equipment, maintaining efficient run speeds, and ensuring proper maintenance of equipment.
This Is an immediate job fill. Experienced flexo press operators only.
Full-time, Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (second shift). Overtime is expected when demand dictates.
- Efficiently and accurately operate Comco/Mark Andy flexo presses to achieve maximum quality throughout the job.
- Adjust press to accommodate for new product rolls.
- Review job information and accurately setup equipment according to specifications to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of each run, and flag any defects/ non-conforming product.
- Troubleshoot equipment and adjust as necessary to ensure the order continues to process correctly.
- Accurately maintain written records of production, including production time, downtime, and waste.
- Remove loads from press using a hand truck.
- Assist in the handling of dies and examining of dies for defects.
- Perform maintenance duties on equipment as needed.
- Train others on the process for operating flexo equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Communicate with other shifts on job status and press schedule.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in department meetings, training, and continuous improvement events.
- Serve as an example of what our company values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating flexographic presses, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience on Comco/Mark Andy presses or similar is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience with turret systems and/or auto roll splicers is preferred, but not required.
- Strong math skills and understanding of metric and standard measurements/ conversions.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following standard work instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets, as well as comprehend verbal instructions.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Regularly required to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function; Regularly required to stand for 8 hours while performing job functions; Regularly required to lift up to 50 lbs.; Regularly push and pull skids of product using a pallet jack; Occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to remove items from shelving units; Vision abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.